It includes trustees, members of Council, and members of the National and Regional Advisory Boards. It should be read in conjunction with the Trust Privacy Notice.
Controller of your information
We are the controller of your personal information. Where we legitimately share your information outside of the Trust, the recipient organisation may either be the processor or joint controller, depending on the circumstances and subject to appropriate safeguards and controls.
Where we get your information from
Your information may be collected in a variety of ways.
Information you provide
- When you submit application forms, CVs, resumes, and other information or documents to check your suitability for the role.
- When you correspond with us.
- When you attend interviews, meetings, or events.
Information we obtain from other sources
- From other organisations or individuals pursuant to background checks, e.g., former employees, referees, and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- From publicly available resources. For example: Companies House, the Electoral Register, company websites, high net-worth individuals, social networks, political and property registers, and news archives.
- From recruitment agencies that we instruct (Trustees only).
- From the election process (Council members – governance stakeholders only).
- From organisations who have a representative on the council, through the nomination process - (Council members – governance stakeholders only).
Information we create
- We do not create any information about you.
Information we collect about you
Depending on the circumstances, we may hold and process some, or all, of the information contained in Annex 1 – Schedule of personal information processed.
Special category information
Some of the information we collect as set out in Annex 1 will be special category information.
Criminal convictions and offences information
Some of the information we collect as set out in Annex 1 will be with regards to criminal convictions and offences.
Why we process your information
Your personal information will be processed for the purposes set out in Annex 1 – Schedule of personal information processed.
Your personal information will be processed under the lawful basis set out in Annex 1 – Schedule of personal information processed.
Where your information will be stored
Your information will be stored securely in a range of different places in the Trust’s information management systems, including on SugarCRM. Physical certified copies of Trustee identity documents will be kept in a secure location under the sole control of the Trust’s Corporate Governance team.
Who we share your information with
Your personal information may be shared internally within the Trust with employees and other governance participants who are required to receive for legitimate Trust business in accordance with Annex 1 – Schedule of personal information processed.
Your information may be shared externally according to Annex 2 – Schedule of personal information shared.
We do not currently share any of your information internationally.
Other information processing
Your information may be analysed for fundraising purposes. In this regard, the Trust may obtain your publicly available information for the purpose of analysing governance stakeholders whose philanthropic aims align with those of the Trust and/or its current fundraising campaigns (see our Privacy Schedule for supporters).
The Trust collates information that you provide to create a biography for Trust purposes. Names, photographs, and biographical information may be published on the Trust website and used in Trust and third-party materials to promote Trust work.
Other relevant privacy documents
- Privacy Notice
- Privacy Schedule for image capture devices
- Privacy Schedule for photographs, videos, and audio and written stories
- Privacy Schedule for supporters
- Privacy Schedule for other visitors and non-boating customers
- Privacy Schedule for volunteers
- Privacy Schedule for virtual meetings
- Privacy Schedule for those who contact us
- Privacy Schedule for claimants
- Privacy Schedule for visitor wifi usage
- Privacy Schedule for volunteers
Changes to this Schedule
We may change this Schedule from time to time without notice to you. This is to ensure it reflects current legislation. In that case, the ‘latest version’ date in Annex 3 will also change. Any changes to this Schedule will apply to you and your data immediately.
If these changes significantly affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
This Privacy Schedule is reviewed periodically when changes are required, and in any event every three years. If the version you are viewing is older than three years, please ensure that you have the up-to-date version by contacting [email protected].