Would you like to meet new people, enjoy some healthy exercise in the great outdoors and make a difference to your local canal? Our volunteer Towpath Taskforce teams could be just the thing you're looking for.
Towpath Taskforce is ideal if you want to volunteer on your local canal or river, but need the flexibility to fit that volunteering around a busy lifestyle. This way you can come along whenever you’re free, whether that’s once a month or more regularly.
What to expect from Towpath Taskforce
Tasks vary on a regular basis and can include lock-painting, hedge-planting, weeding gardens, litter-clearance from land and water, repairing towpaths and more - depending on what’s most needed in that area.
On arrival you’ll be greeted by the Taskforce leader who will run through what’s to be done that day, assign tasks and demonstrate the safe use of any equipment. They’ll help make sure the task is suited to your ability and be on hand throughout the session to provide help, advice and the all-important tea and biscuits.
- Do let us know you are coming in advance, so we can look out for you and let you know of any last minute changes
- Please wear suitable outdoor clothing you don’t mind getting mucky or snagged
- Sturdy shoes are a must
- For full day sessions bring a packed lunch, we will provide a hot drink but you may also want to bring your own
- Waterproof clothing or sunscreen — depending on weather
- Please do not bring any tools
Something for your group
Towpath Taskforces are designed for individuals to join our teams, not groups. If you're looking to bring your group, there are lots of ways you can involved, either just once or for a more regular partnership with us:
Last date edited: 17 December 2020