Contributing time and skills to a good cause is a great way to boost your community spirit and improve your local area. By joining our towpath taskforce teams, you'll be able to meet new people and make a difference on days that suit you.
Make a difference along your local canal, and join one of our Towpath Taskforce teams.
What to expect
Tasks vary on a regular basis and can include lock-painting, hedge-planting, weeding gardens, litter-clearance from land and water, repairing towpaths and more, depending on what's most needed in that area.
On arrival you'll be greeted by the taskforce leader who will run through what's to be done that day, assign tasks and demonstrate the safe use of any equipment. They'll help make sure the task is suited to your ability and be on hand throughout the session to provide help, advice and the all-important tea and biscuits.
Tips on preparation
- Let us know you're coming in advance, so we can look out for you and let you know of any last minute changes
- Wear suitable outdoor clothing you don't mind getting mucky or snagged
- Sturdy shoes are a must
- For full day sessions bring a packed lunch, we will provide a hot drink but you may also want to bring your own
- Waterproof clothing or sunscreen
- To leave your own tools at home
Something for your group
Towpath Taskforces are designed for individuals to join our teams, not groups. If you're looking to bring your group, there are lots of ways you can involved, either just once or for a more regular partnership with us.
Last Edited: 07 September 2023