It should be read in conjunction with the Trust Privacy Notice.
Controller of your information
We are the controller of your personal information. Where we legitimately share your information outside of the Trust, the recipient organisation may either be the processor or joint controller, depending on the circumstances and subject to appropriate safeguards and controls.
Where we get your information from
Your information may be collected in a variety of ways.
Information you provide
- As part of your application for a licence, or notification of new boat ownership or mooring.
- In response to surveys and consultations.
- As part of your continued contact with us in connection with your licence.
- As part of your application for a mooring permit to moor at our L1, L2 or L3 mooring sites, or an application for end of garden moorings on the offside against private property or land.
- In response to surveys, research questionnaires and consultations.
- When you contact us via the telephone, email, or social media.
Information we obtain from other sources
- From a previous boat owner when they have informed us of a boat transfer to you.
- From a previous boat owner when transferring a boat and mooring as part of our assignable moorings.
- From our Tracing Agents, who we instruct as part of the costs-recovery or civil procedure process.
Information we create
- As part of the Trust’s efforts to monitor and enforce conditions of your licence.
- As part of the application process for end of garden moorings on the offside against private property or land.
- As part of the application process for moorings secured via the website auction and ‘Buy It Now’ process.
Information we collect about you
Depending on the circumstances, we may hold and process some, or all, of the information contained in Annex 1 – Schedule of personal information processed.
Special category information
Some of the information we collect as set out in Annex 1 will be special category information.
Criminal convictions and offences information
We do not collect your criminal convictions and offences information.
Why we process your information
Your personal information will be processed for the purposes set out in Annex 1 – Schedule of personal information processed and will not be processed for any other purpose.
Your personal information will be processed under the lawful basis set out in Annex 1 – Schedule of personal information processed.
Where your information will be stored
Your information will be stored securely in a range of different places in the Trust’s information management systems, including our Web Licencing platform, SAP, our Waterside Mooring platform, Meter Mac electric customer portal, and our customer relationship management system, SugarCRM.
Who we share your information with
Your personal information may be shared internally within the Trust with individuals who are required to receive it for legitimate business purposes according to their role, and in accordance with Annex 1 – Schedule of personal information processed. Your information may be shared externally according to Annex 2 – Schedule of personal information shared.
We do not currently share any of your information internationally.
Other relevant privacy documents
- Privacy Notice
- Privacy Schedule for image capture devices
- Privacy Schedule for supporters
- Privacy Schedule for other visitors and non-boating customers
- Privacy Schedule for volunteers
- Privacy Schedule for photographs, videos and written and audio stories
- Privacy Schedule for those who contact us
- Privacy Schedule for claimants
- Privacy Schedule for visitor wifi usage
- Privacy Schedule for research participants
- Privacy Schedule for website cookies
- Privacy Schedule for prize draws and competitions
- Boat Safety Scheme
- Meter Macs
- Waterways Ombudsman
- The Institute of Customer Service
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency
Changes to this Schedule
We may change this Schedule from time to time without notice to you. This is to ensure it reflects current legislation. In that case, the ‘latest version’ date in Annex 3 will also change. Any changes to this Schedule will apply to you and your data immediately.
If these changes significantly affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
This Privacy Schedule is reviewed periodically when changes are required, and in any event every three years. If the version you are viewing is older than three years, please ensure that you have the up-to-date version by contacting [email protected]