We’re excited to announce our summer of fun, feel good activities to give you a flavour of all the things that the Canal & River Trust does.
We’re inviting you to get close to wildlife, spend time outdoors, learn something new and have fun!
Summer Holiday fun at the National Waterways Museum Ellesmere Port
There’s something here for everyone to enjoy. Take a look at what’s going on.
All activities are free with your annual pass
- Friday 26 July to Sunday 4 August: Wildlife foraging and crafts
- Friday 26 July at various times: Free fishing session Booking essential
- Wednesday 31 July from 11.00am to 3.00pm: Wildlife and gardening session
- Thursday 1 August from 11.00am to 4.30pm: Colourful craft session
- Friday 2 August at various times: Free fishing session. Booking essential
- Friday 2 August 11.00am to 12.00pm: Family nature and wellbeing walk
- Saturday 3 August 2.00pm to 2.45pm: Yoga session for children
- Sunday 4 August from 10.30am to 4.00pm: How to make a sun catcher craft session
- Monday 5 August to Sunday 11 August: Wildlife foraging and crafts
- Monday 5 August 11.00am to 12.00pm: Family nature and wellbeing walk
- Tuesday 6 August 2.00pm to 2.45pm: Yoga
- Wednesday 7 August from 11.00am to 3.00pm: Wildlife and gardening session
- Thursday 8 August: Life size boat making for all the family
- Friday 9 August: Free fishing session
- Sunday 11 August: Our annual Horses at Work event
- Tuesday 13 August: Lego make and take
- Friday 16 August: Free fishing session
- Sunday 18 August: British Street Party at Porters Row
- Thursday 22 August: Junio Lock Keeper Day
- Friday 23 August: Free fishing session
- Friday 23, Monday 26 and Friday 30 August: Roses and Castles painting for children
- Friday 23 August and Friday 30 August: Blacksmith Demonstration
- Sunday 25 August: Porters Row Cottage Tour at 12.30pm
- Tuesday 27 August: LEGO Big Build
- Tuesday 27 August: Children's learn to knit from 11.00am to 3.00pm
- Wednesday 28 August: Traditional Boaters Crafts at Porters Row from 11.00am to 3.00pm
- Thursday 29 August: Rainbow fish and sparkly swan craft session from 10.30am to 4.30pm
- Friday 30 August: Free fishing session Booking essential
Keep an eye on this page for more details of the summer holiday fun.
- Adult (16 & over) £9.75
- Child (6-15) £6.00
- Child (5 and under) free
- Family £25.00
- Concession £8.50
Your ticket allows you to return as often as you like for one year.
Beyond the museum, are 2,000 miles of canal network that our charity cares for. We believe spending time by water makes you happy and we want to bring everyone to the museum to get to know and enjoy the waterways.
While it is highly unlikely, this programme may be subject to change due to circumstances outside of our control.
Last date edited: 23 August 2019