Whether it’s a class-load of curious kids or a coach-load of clever pub-quizzers, we can tailor your visit to the National Waterways Museum, Gloucester.
Explorers - cub scouts
National Waterways Museum Gloucester
Passengers on Queen Bodicea II
Views inside Sabrina 5 at the National Waterways Museum Gloucester
A couple enjoying a cruise along the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal on board Queen Boadicea II
National Waterways Museum Gloucester smiles
Pumpkin carving class with Canal & River Explorers
Family interpretation at the National Waterways Museum Gloucester
What was it like in the heyday of the docks at Gloucester? And how busy was it as a major hub for narrowboats travelling through the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal? With real objects, real stories and real historic boats, our museum brings history to life.
Yes you can touch!
When we refurbished the museum we had children in mind. There’s loads for them to get their hands on, listen to and discover.
- 'Sabrina 5', one of our a historic boats, now offers an activity space, where children can imagine what it was like to load cargo onto a boat
- children can also get stuck into our interactive dock system and experience life working in the docks with toy wagons, narrow boats and more and transport it across the dock
- investigate different wildlife habitats as one of our brilliant team will take you on a fun wildlife trail
- get techy with our new and exciting programme of science and engineering projects (in conjunction with STEMworks)
- free arts and crafts activities on the learning tables and plenty of dressing up opportunities
From quiz teams to coach tours
And it's not just the children who get to have all the fun. You'll find lots of enjoyable things to keep you and your group talking about it for years. You can design your own tour of course, but it could include:
- museum tour and half hour archive film about the ship canal
- boat trip 'King Arthur' along the Gloucester & Sharpness Ship Canal (including morning coffee and afternoon tea options or full sit down or buffet lunches and evening meals - perfect for parties)
- time to explore Gloucester Docks and the new designer outlet shopping centre
Discounts for groups of 10 or more
Last date edited: 27 September 2017