Whether it’s a class-load of curious kids or a coach-load of clever pub-quizzers, we can tailor your visit to the National Waterways Museum, Gloucester.
Explorers - cub scouts
National Waterways Museum Gloucester
Passengers on Queen Bodicea II
Views inside Sabrina 5 at the National Waterways Museum Gloucester
A couple enjoying a cruise along the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal on board Queen Boadicea II
National Waterways Museum Gloucester smiles
Pumpkin carving class with Canal & River Explorers
Family interpretation at the National Waterways Museum Gloucester
What was it like in the heyday of the docks at Gloucester? How busy was it as a major hub for narrowboats travelling through the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal? With real objects, real stories and real historic boats, our museum brings history to life.
Yes you can touch
When we refurbished the museum we had children in mind. There’s loads for them to get their hands on, listen to and discover.
- 'Sabrina 5', one of our a historic boats, now offers an activity space for schools and groups, where children can take part in pre-booked workshops
- Children can also get stuck into our interactive dock system and experience life working in the docks with toy wagons, narrow boats and more and transport it across the dock
- Investigate different wildlife habitats as you follow a self-guided wildlife trail around the museum for younger EYFS children
- Get techy on a school visit by booking one of our new and exciting STEM workshops
- Free arts and crafts activities on the activity tables and plenty of dressing up opportunities
Free pre-visit tour
As a teacher you can visit for free. Our education coordinator will be happy to meet with you to discuss your trip. Please contact us at the museum to arrange this.
|Children's group rices
|Museum Visit, Workshop and Boat Trip
|Self-guided museum visit and boat trip
From quiz teams to coach tours
And it's not just the children who get to have all the fun. You'll find lots of enjoyable things to keep you and your group talking about it for years. You can design your own tour of course, but it could include:
- Museum tour and half hour archive film about the ship canal
- Boat trip along the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal on board Queen Boadicea II, one of the 'Little Ships’ of Dunkirk
- Time to explore Gloucester Docks and the new designer outlet shopping centre
Discounts for groups of 10 or more. Please discuss your requirements with the team at time of booking. 01452 318200.
Last date edited: 29 April 2019