Get your running shoes on! We've got a half marathon, a 10k and a fun run taking place along the Wendover and Aylesbury Arms. Find out all you need to know about the day and what our top tips are.
Running is a fun way to get some fresh air and some exercise, and something you can enjoy on your own, or with your family and friends. This September there will a chance for you to run a half marathon, or a 10k in Aylesbury.
Running along the Grand Union Canal
Top tips for running
- Ensure you have suitable footwear (tennis shoes are great for tennis – but not running)
- When starting out think about minutes rather than miles
- Use the ‘talk test’ – your breathing rate should be raised - but you can hold a conversation
- Run with cupped hands rather than tightly clenched fists
- Listen to your body run through annoyance, but not through pain
Top tips on the day of the event:
- Arrive early
- Gentle warm up followed by gentle stretches
- Hydrate (a sip every 15 minutes is advised)
- Remove ear buds (sorry no headphones allowed during the run)
- Fix a problem sooner rather than later (shoe laces coming undone / chafing)
Last date edited: 6 July 2016