We can work with your company to develop a volunteering programme that provides a very real and practical experience for your staff while delivering environmental and social impact for your local canal or river.
The difference it can make is diverse, from vital maintenance of our locks and towpaths to providing new habitat for our most endangered wildlife.
Find out more about the companies we already work with:
- BAML - Corporate Adoption in Chester
- Severn Trent - Lend a helping hand on the Rivers Trent & Soar
- Yorkshire Water - Corporate Adoption at Woodlesford
Opportunities for you
We work with employers to organise volunteer days around the country.
We work with businesses in a number of ways. Find out more about the different opportunities we have below.
Book a team day out which has a real impact and is also great fun, learn new skills and work in ways that may be new to you.
Feedback from some of our current corporate partners have shown the value of these days to their people. It gives them the opportunity to take a fresh look at their roles and the people who they work with. They come away with new ideas, inspired by spending time by the water and feel invigorated from helping local people, wildlife and heritage.
Due to demand, we’re only able to run a limited number of team days each year and these are spread across out 2,000 mile network. To discuss opportunities available both nationally and locally email:
- North West: Steve Bicknell - Stephen.Bicknell@canalrivertrust.org.uk
- London & South East: Charlie Binns - Charlie.Binns@canalrivertrust.org.uk
- Yorkshire & North East: Nicola Christian -Nicola.Christian@canalrivertrust.org.uk
- East Midlands: Scott Miller - Scott.Miller@canalrivertrust.org.uk
- West Midlands: Terry Hodgetts - Terry.Hodgetts@canalrivertrust.org.uk
- Wales & South West: Caroline Robson - Caroline.Robson@canalrivertrust.org.uk
Adopt a canal
Why not support a local stretch of your canal close to your company’s offices?
This is a great way to gain brand recognition through local PR and canalside promotion. It's also great for building staff morale through getting them involved in enhancing and protecting their natural environment in the heart of your community. All we ask for is a small donation and commitment to regular volunteering days.
It might help us to understand what your company is looking for if you return an Expression of Interest Form
For more details, here's our handbook for Getting Your Business Involved.
Last date edited: 17 December 2020