December in the Gloucester Docks
The Gloucester Docks really comes to life during the festive season with the ice skating rink and the Christmas markets. Here are just a few reasons to visit the docks and the National Waterways Museum Glouceter:
- Visit Santa at the popular Stories with Santa sessions at the Museum. Check availability here.
- Watch friends on the Gloucester Quays ice rink from the warmth of the Museum Café. A great view and a great selection of seasonal hot drinks and treats.
- Visit Tilly Rose at the Museum, a beautifully painted reindeer which is part of the Runaway Reindeer trail (see below)
- Enjoy a snowman trail in the museum, plus drop in craft activities with the Canal & River Trust - Explorers on Saturdays in December. Free with annual pass.
- The National Waterways Museum is open 10am-4pm, Tuesday-Saturday. The admission ticket for the museum allows you to come back as many times as you like for 12 months. Prices in 2023: Adult (16+) £8.50. Child (6-15) £5.00. Child (5 and under) Free. Family £22.00.