The top area for investment, recommended by the Climate Change Committee in July 2020, was low-carbon retrofits and buildings that are fit for the future.
We have increased our focus on the supply of low-carbon heating and cooling solutions to existing and new build properties adjacent to our canals. We expect to significantly increase both our customers and our income from the supply of low-carbon energy.
We're already working with a number or organisations to provide heating and cooling including:
- An industrial facility in North West England.
- An art gallery in West Yorkshire.
- A medieval visitor attraction and educational building in North Yorkshire.
- A global IT support centre in West London.
- Pharmaceutical production in the East Midlands.
- Data centres in East London.
- A hotel in London Docklands.
- A district heat network in the East Midlands.