Planning your visit
Address: Fradley Junction, Alrewas, Staffordshire, DE13 7DN View on Google map
Opening Times: The welcome station is open weekends from March to October Canal & River Trust office reception is open from 10.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday
Price: Once you're parked up, it won't cost you a thing
Toilets: There are public toilets on site and in the pub
Fradley Junction is where the Coventry Canal joins the Trent & Mersey Canal. It's one of the busiest places on the waterways with cafes, a pub and the ever popular Fradley Pool Nature Reserve. At Fradley, canals, boats and people meet making it a great place for a family visit.
You'll find leaflets and guides at our welcome station open weekends from March to October. Our Fradley office reception is manned by volunteers during the summer and staff during the winter from 10.00am to 2.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Fishing - the pool at Fradley Pool Nature Reserve also has an accessible fishing peg
- Walking route
- Canoeing routes
- Pond dipping platform
Places to eat:
There's several benches around Fradley Pool Nature Reserve
- Carved bench and chainsaw sculpture trail
- Interactive installations, interpretation panels and audio trails (ask at the welcome station for details)
- Fradley Junction to Fradley circular walk
- Explore more with our Explorers
By car - Fradley Junction is close to the A38 between Burton-on-Trent and Lichfield. There is a pay & display car park on site.
By train - Lichfield Trent Valley is about three miles away