The annual canal pairs championships will see over 20 regional qualifying heats taking place during the late spring and summer across England and Wales.
We would like to thank Paul Edwards for agreeing to volunteer to help us with the 2023 event co-ordination along with the various clubs and local organisers whose hard work make the event possible.Entering the 2023 championships
The Canal Pairs is back for 2023 with Canal & River Trust managing the event. We have a variety of venues lined up across the UK canal network that will once again see plenty of bites and ignite friendly local competition once more. Our best estimate is that there will be around £7,500 in the final prize pot with the top 8 pairs being paid out.
Grand final 2023
Saturday 14 October Grand Union Canal Northamptonshire courtesy of Northampton Nene Angling Club. Lead event organiser will be Chris Howard.
We look forward to seeing you on the cut this summer and wish you all the best in the qualifiers!
How many pairs will qualify.
Entry of 7-10 pairs 2 pairs qualify
Entry of 11 to 15 pairs 3 pairs qualify
Entry of 16 to 20 pairs 4 pairs qualify
Entry of 21 to 25 pairs 5 pairs qualify
Entry of 26 to 30 pairs. 6 pairs qualify etc.
Any heat with fewer than 7 participating pairs will be deemed not to be quorate and will not be held.
Full event rules can be found here.2022 Canal pairs final results
2021 Canal pairs final results
- Simon Mottram & Simon Preece - 129
- Boydan Krupynckyj and Daz Shaw - 127
- Steve Hurst and Martin Kettle - 114
- David Hughes and Darren Lewis - 114
- Lee Newson and Graham Smith - 112
- Dean Turner and John Leeds - 111
- John Easton and Jeff Stirrat - 111
- Robert Holt and Carl Lowe - 110
- Gareth Charnock and Paul Charnock - 109
- Glyn Bagley & Phil Cox - 108
- Ralph Wilkinson and Kevin Ross - 106
- Paul Bick and Rich Reynolds - 105
- Simon Mottram and Simon Preece - 179
- Paul Bick and Rich Reynolds - 177
- Mike Withey and Marc Kay - 177
- Lee Edwards and John Harvey - 172
- Steve Dudley and Simon Nickless - 172
- Marc Ellement and Colin Cliffe - 171
- Tom Boyce and Robert Head - 169
- Carl Westwood and Dave Richards - 169
- Graham Smith and Lee Newson - 168
- Kevin Clarke & Dave Edgerley - 164
- James South and Darren Massey - 162
- Dave Trafford and Stuart Bird - 156