Can I complain if I'm not satisfied?

If you make a request and you are not satisfied with our response you are entitled to make a complaint. This is called an internal review.

If we haven't reasonably met your expectations in relation to a request for information or you believe we may not have acted in accordance with the FOIA, EIR or DPA legislation you should write to us outlining your concerns and asking for a review to be undertaken.

Your correspondence will be acknowledged promptly and always within five working days.

A review of your case will be undertaken, usually by a director or manager in a senior role, and responses can take up to 40 working days although we will do our best to send them sooner.

Contact details

Please email our Information Officer

Or write to us at:

Information Officer
Canal & River Trust
Fearns Wharf
Neptune Street

What happens if I'm still not happy? 

Should you remain unsatisfied by the Internal review response you receive you are able to contact the Information Commissioner's Office  

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Last date edited: 2 May 2018