Over the last decade, we've been protecting, preserving and promoting 2,000 miles of canals and rivers across England and Wales.
Some of our achievements
10 years of happier and healthier people
- 5 million hours given by our wonderful volunteers
- Over 800,000 children taught about our heritage, environment and water safety
- More than 10% increase in boaters on our waterways
10 years of fighting climate change
We operate the original and longest heat network in the country which can be used for heating and cooling.
- 650 megatwatts of latent thermal energy supplied by our canals and rivers
- To support heating and cooling 350,000 homes
- Saving 1+million tonnes of CO2 per year