Stanley Lock Flight wellbeing walk
A there-and-back walk along the historic canal in Liverpool, taking in Eldonian Village and the Stanley Lock Flight. Look out for cormorants along the way.
Start point: Eldonian Village Hall, L3 6LG
Turn around point: Collingwood Dock
1. Start at Eldonian Basin. Walk down to the canal and start walking along the towpath. This is the historic end of the canal.
2. Pass Eldonian Way Bridge
3. Soon you will reach Stanley Lock Flight. This lock flight was used to move water between the extensive Liverpool Docks network and the canal.
4. Take some time to have a look at the full lock flight, or walk over the first bridge to get over the locks and continue on the towpath.
4. Walk along the towpath, past a canalside park and passing under three bridges. There are a pair of cormorants that live on this stretch, so look out for them.
5. Leave the towpath and walk along Great Howard Street, then turn onto Walter Street
6. Arrive at Collingwood Dock