The Wendover Arm Canal originally linked the Grand Union Canal at Bulbourne near Star Top End in Hertfordshire to the town of Wendover in Buckinghamshire.
|Wendover Arm Canal|
|Maximum boat dimensions||
Guide only - weather conditions affect water levels
The main purpose of the Wendover Arm was to supply water to the summit level of the Grand Junction Canal. Opened in 1799, the canal is 6.7 miles (10.8 km) miles long, but has been unnavigable since 1897. It is currently being reconstructed by the Wendover Arm Trust, and Phase 1 of the project, the first 1.3 miles (2.1 km) from the junction at Bulbourne, was completed and reopened in 2005.