Lace up your running shoes for Canalathon 2022!
This July, challenge yourself to run or walk 26.2 miles along your local canal whilst raising vital funds to help us protect and care for our 2,000 miles of waterways.
Date: July 2022
Location: Anywhere on your local canal
Distance: Marathon across the month (26.2 miles)
Fundraising goal: As much as you can!
What is Canalathon?
Throughout July, sign up to run or walk 26.2 miles – the distance of a marathon – along your local canal or river.
Do it in a way that suits you. You can tick off the miles over the month, or tackle them all in one go. You can complete it alone, or build a team among family, friends and colleagues. It's entirely up to you!
Canalathon is just as much about getting active outdoors and enjoying pure escapism by water as it is ticking off the miles. While you’re doing something amazing for charity, you’ll also be doing yourself a power of good.
How we'll support you
By signing up to Canalathon and committing to fundraise for us, we’ll support you every step of the way. You'll receive:
- a free water bottle to help keep you hydrated throughout your challenge
- Canalathon fundraising pack full of ideas, inspiration and resources to help you smash your fundraising goal
- a free technical running vest when you reach £100 on your fundraising page
- support via emails to make sure you're in the know with everything to help make your event and fundraising journey a success
- and, most importantly, we'll provide you with a reason to keep going because you'll know that you're helping make sure our canals are here for future generations.
Your fundraising will help us create more blue and green spaces in our towns and cities, and allow nature to flourish right on our doorstep.
Your support will also help us protect the important heritage of our canals in the face of climate change.
£100 helps nature flourish
Your fundraising could help plant 18 apple, pear or plum trees which blossom for insects in spring, and go on to produce fruit to feed birds, animals and people in autumn.
£200 protects our heritage
The money you raise could help protect and ensure the long-term survival of our 200-year-old heritage structures, which have become more vulnerable in the face of climate change.
£300 makes cities greener
Your donations could help upgrade urban towpaths for walkers, runners and cyclists, providing greener ways to commute and exercise.
Get in touch
If you have a question or would like to chat about joining us for this event, just get in touch – we'll be happy to help! Email us at email@example.com.
Last date edited: 16 May 2022