Update: Applications are now closed
The Together Fund is a continuation of the Tackling Inequalities Fund that was set up in April 2020 as part of our support package to help the sport and physical activity sector through the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis.
The Together Fund exists to help to reduce the negative impact of coronavirus and help community groups working with our target audiences to grow and help more people.
This is a great chance for us to support our communities to attain funding for projects involving physical activity initiatives along the waterway.
Communities based in Manchester, Oldham, and Rochdale are eligible to apply, applications open 11 July.
Your project should include delivery on your local waterway, be located in Manchester, Oldham or Rochdale and aim to reach Sport England target audiences.
Grant requests are between £500-£5000, with exceptional projects eligible for up to £10,000. Your project should be deliverable within a 6-month timescale (from the date you receive funding) and completed no later than September 2023. Deadline for applications is February 2023. If funding is still available late applications will be considered early March.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Community organisations with a constitution/set of rules and a bank account
- Social Enterprises
- Community Interest Companies
- Sole traders in special circumstances
Examples of what the funding can be used for:
- Funding for community groups to find new ways of keeping active.
- Instructor costs or staff accredited training.
- Increasing resilience, capacity and capability of delivery bodies.
- Professional fees: interpreter, sports instructor.
- Equipment; bikes/canoes/SUPs/