The Impounding Station is an unassuming red brick warehouse on the western side of the Isle of Dogs near Canary Wharf. It houses huge pumps that feed West India Docks with water from the Thames.
Completed in 1930, it is a warehouse style building with a large pump room, a small office and a store room. The pumps are now automated and have been recently restored.
Access Postcode: E14 8JT