How to create a Zoom virtual background
Will you be turning to Zoom to keep in touch with your nearest and dearest this winter? Take your Zooming to the next level with a canal-themed background. It's the next best thing to being by the water.
We've put together a selection of our favourite waterway images and some instructions on how to set them as your Zoom background.
Choose your favourite festive image from our gallery at the bottom of this page.
Accessing virtual backgrounds
Here is an easy step-by-step guide for creating your own personalised virtual background so you can be by the water from the comfort of your own home.
- Sign into your Zoom account
- Once logged in, go to Settings
3. Click on Virtual Backgrounds
- From here you can choose from the backgrounds that are already preset in Zoom or you can add one of our own beautiful canal-themed images below.
- Choose one of our images from the gallery below. Simply right click on the image you like and click 'Save image as' and then choose where you would like to save the image on your computer.
- Once the image is saved, you can upload it onto Zoom by clicking the ‘+’ icon and then clicking ‘add image’
- This will take you to your desktop where you can choose the image that you want as your background
- Begin your Zoom meeting
Note: You can also access the virtual background settings whilst you are already in a meeting. Simply click on the ^ Icon next to the camera button on the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen
Choose your background image
Last date edited: 16 December 2020