Wellbeing walk in Manchester
A 2.2km linear walk from Paradise Wharf to Piccadilly Basin, taking in the Ashton Canal, New Islington Marina and the Rochdale Canal.
Walking is an enjoyable way to achieve the recomended levels of activity for good physical and mental health.
The five stages of this linear walk all offer something interesting to see, within easy reach of Manchester city centre. The walk will take around 35 minutes to complete.
Start point: Paradise Wharf, M1 2JN
End point: Piccadilly Basin, M1 2HG
1. Start at Paradise Wharf and walk along the Ashton Canal over the Store Street Aqueduct
2. After around 10 minutes you'll reach Ancoats Lock
3. Admire the boats in New Islington Marina
4. After around 22 minutes of walking you'll arrive at the Rochdale Canal
5. Lock 82, you've nearly finished
6. Your final stage is to Piccadilly Basin, not far from where you started.