Licensing your canoe

Each year we receive hundreds of enquiries about canoeing on our canals and rivers. We welcome canoes to our waterways and have provided a few FAQs about unpowered craft here.

Do I need to buy a licence for the Trust's waterways?
Yes - the only exception being for current members of British Canoeing and Canoe Wales who get to use our waterways for free as part of their membership.

What sort of licence can I buy?
Our short term visitor licences are ideal as they come in a range of periods to suit your requirements. There are one day, one week and one month licences along with a 30 day explorer licence which allows 30 separate day tickets within a 12 month period.

Where can I buy a licence?
These licences can be purchased easily online allowing flexibility depending on our glorious British weather!

If you still can't find the answer to your question, or you have but you would like some more information, you can get in touch with us by email or by telephone on 0303 040 4040.

Last date edited: 31 August 2018