If you’re planning a visit to central London did you know you can pre-book a mooring for a small charge?
Book ahead for visitor moorings in London
You'll find a pre-bookable visitor mooring at Rembrandt Gardens in Little Venice, a stone's throw from Paddington.
In the summer of 2019, we trialled some new pre-bookable moorings in central London, starting with Paddington Basin (available from 10 June 2019). Two further moorings are planned at Kings Cross (Regent’s Canal) and Sweetwater in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (Lee Navigation).
At Rembrandt Gardens you can currently make bookings up to 4 January 2020. Bookings for 2020 will be released in late October 2019.
At the new trial moorings at Paddington Basin, bookings will be available up to 30 November 2019. The trial will be reviewed in the autumn before further dates are released.
What you need to know about the pre-bookable moorings:
Prices range from £10 - £12 per night per boat, depending on the mooring site (payment is taken when booking)
- You can either book online through our licensing system so you'll need to have an existing account (or set one up)
- Or you can book by calling our customer service team 0303 040 4040
- You can book for one to seven days, with a maximum of seven days in a single visit
- Arrival time after 1.00 pm, departure time by 12 noon
- You'll receive a booking confirmation by email
- You can change or cancel your booking free of charge up to 14 days before the start of the booking period, or by calling the customer service team not later than 7 days before the start of your mooring stay
- There is no cancellation charge, as we want other customers to benefit from any unused bookings
- If you moor without booking first, we'll charge you an unpermitted use charge of £25 per day
Go to our licensing system to check availability and make a booking.