The National Waterways Museum’s Easter Historic Boat Gathering takes place over the Easter weekend when a fleet of colourful narrowboats and barges take centre stage across the site while the museum comes alive with music and activities for the whole family.
All activities are free with your Annual Pass unless otherwise stated.
This year you can:
- Watch the flotilla of historic boats arrive at the museum (Friday).
- Take a boat ride along the canal (additional charge).
- Be introduced to the world of photogrammetry in our new studio.
- Visit our new Open Small Objects Store on site and our off-site store.
- Encourage your children to follow the trail and do craft activities.
- Meet our Archivists.
- Chat with our volunteers who will be doing Lock Demonstrations, explaining and running the engines in the Power Hall and demonstrating traditional canal crafts.
- Talk with our staff about how you can support the Trust by volunteering and getting involved.
- Fresh food, hot & cold drinks will be available at The Waterside Café (10am-4pm).
- Sample our range of beers and craft ales in the Toll House Inn (12- last orders at 4pm).