Sharpness Port Covid-19 Restrictions
From Date: 24/03/2020 15:30
To Date: 21/06/2021 00:00 inclusive
Is the towpath closed? No
Closest waterway: Gloucester & Sharpness Canal
Starts at: Sharpness Tidal Basin
Ends at: Bridge 2 High Level Bridge
Please be advised of the following loosening of restrictions to leisure craft at Sharpness Port following the Government’s announcement of a Roadmap out of lockdown.
As the Country moves out of lockdown there remains some uncertainty about the impact of easing restrictions.
Consequently, the dates for each step may be subject to delay.
Until the 12th of April – The port is closed to all visiting craft. Travelling outside your local area is not permitted, and therefore we are unable to facilitate visits to the Port. Vessels entering the port to access maintenance and repair facilities may do so only at the discretion of the Harbour Master.
No earlier than 12th April – Port will be open to all craft still subject to a maximum of 4 inbound or outbound vessels per tide to allow for social distancing.
No Earlier than 21st June – All restrictions lifted.
Sharpness Port, Leisure Craft
We are pleased to advise that Sharpness Port will reopen to leisure traffic on 01/07/2020.
Upon reopening, restrictions will apply to help us ensure we keep everyone safe. Please follow the steps below to arrange passage.
- You must book your passage through the port at least 24 hours in advance of your desired arrival tide, by calling Sharpness Pierhead on 01453 511968. Please leave a message on the booking answerphone with the following details:
- Boat name
- Customer name
- Date and time of desired passage
- Canal & River Trust boat licence number
- Contact telephone number
- Lockage fees (where applicable) will be taken by card, in advance, by the watchman on booking.
- Vessels on a Full 12 Month Canal & River Licence have 12 passages through the lock included with their licence.
- Vessels on a Full 12 month River only licence must purchase a top-up licence via the Trust website, in advance of passage onto the canal. This will allow you 12 free passages through the lock per year.
- Vessels on a Short Term, or 30 day explorer licence, will be charged £25 lockage each way.
- On arrival at the lock, the team will hand you ropes to tie up with from a 2m distance.
- Please remain on your boat. We would remind all customers that there is no embarkation or disembarkation allowed at the lock, for any reason.
- Bookings will be accepted for a maximum of 4 boats per tide which will be taken on a first come, first served basis. This will be reviewed on a regular basis
We thank you for your patience during this difficult time. Please remember to follow Government guidelines; wash your hands frequently while navigating our structures.
Please contact us on 03030 404040 or at email@example.com if you would like to speak with our Customer Support Team, about this notice.
Please be advised that due to government guidelines regarding COVID-19 Sharpness will be closed to all leisure traffic until further notice.
For further information please contact Sharpness.firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharpness Pier Head 07484935596