Dates and venues for 2015 Stillwater Championships announced
We have announced details of the 2015 Stillwater Championships in partnership with the Angling Trust.
A great opportunity to compete on some of the Trust’s top Stillwater fisheries and leads to a grand final with a great prize fund.Carl Nicholls
10 Qualifying rounds will be held on some of the Canal & River Trust’s top Stillwater fisheries. Each 40 peg qualifier will see 4 anglers go through to a 40 peg final held at Blythe Waters Fishery on 10th October 2015.
The dates, qualifying rounds and the final are listed below:
- Sunday 19th April – Boddington Reservoir
- Sunday 10th May – Blythe Waters
- Wednesday 20th May – Boddington Reservoir
- Saturday 30th May – Kiveton Waters
- Sunday 28th June – Earlswood Lakes
- Wednesday 15th July – Boddington Reservoir
- Saturday 25th July – Earlswood Lakes
- Sunday 2nd August – Clattercote Reservoir
- Saturday 22nd August – Blythe Waters
- Saturday 19th September – Blythe Waters
- Final: Saturday 10th October – Blythe Waters
Entry is £25 per qualifier and tickets will go on sale in early February through the Angling Trust.
The Canal & River Trust’s fisheries & angling manager, Carl Nicholls, said: “We’re proud to host this event again in partnership with the Angling Trust. It gives match anglers a great opportunity to compete on some of the Trust’s top Stillwater fisheries and leads to a grand final with a great prize fund. The support of anglers has made this event what it is and has allowed the event to continue in to its now 8th year.”
David Kent from the Angling Trust said; “This event is now well established as a top event on the coarse calendar attracting some of the best anglers from the stillwater match scene in addition to others who are trying big match fishing for the first time. I’m very much looking forward to next year’s competition.”
Further information will be available in the New Year.