Anderton Boat Lift
The **Anderton Boat Lift **is hosting ‘Amazed by Science', a new annual festival for all ages based around science, technology and engineering. Families will get chance to take part in a whole host of free activities including:
- Learning about bees – why they are important and how to help preserve their habitats
- Carrying out bubble experiments - testing different bubble solutions to see which make the best bubbles
- Find out how and why canals were built, including the kinds of technology that were used over 200 years ago.
- The chance to take a tour up to the top of the boat lift. Families will get to learn about the engineering involved in the lift from its origins to the present day (charges do apply)
- Bug hunts throughout the day and environmental games at set times
National Waterways Museum
Over at the **National Waterways Museum **in Ellesmere Port join Captain Pete on the good ship Centaur. Meet our scurvy crew and bring your junior pirates on the themed canal boat trip. There will be on-board activities with prizes for the best dressed pirate. Pirate training classes start daily at 1pm and 2.30pm throughout the week. Tickets are £7 including refreshments on the boat. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
John Inch, general manager of the National Waterways Museum said: “Our themed trips are not just for juniors. Older crew members are urged to dress up as well.”
The wide range of activities during half term are in addition to some of the usual attractions giving the visitors the opportunity to interact with history, wildlife and nature first-hand.