Winter passages booking times apply:
- 1 November to 23 December inclusive – winter passages times apply
- 3 January to 29 February inclusive – winter passages times apply
Book your passage through Harecastle Tunnel
You need to book to use the tunnel in the Winter. Either:
- Book online by logging into your boating account and going to the 'booking your passage' section
- Or call our customer services team during normal office hours on 0303 040 4040
You must give us a minimum of 48 hours notice in advance.
Tunnel passage days and times
Tunnel passages are available Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- North to south: 8:30am and 10.10am
- South to north: 9.20am and 11.00am
(Bookings times are subject to change)
Christmas and New Year opening days
You need to book before 3.00pm on the 23 December to travel on the following dates:
- 27 December - tunnel open 8.30am – 11.00am
- 28 December - tunnel open 8.30am – 11.00am
- 30 December - tunnel open 8.30am – 11.00am
You need to arrive on time
Boats arriving at the tunnel after 11.00am won't be able to travel. We're strict about this as our team need to carry out critical maintenance to the tunnel after passages are finished.
Summer opening times
You don't need to book in the summer and the tunnel is open every day.
2 March to 23 May from 8.00am – 5.00pm (Last arrival for guaranteed passage through the tunnel - 3.00pm)
24 May to 31 August from 8.00am – 6.00pm (Last arrival for guaranteed passage through the tunnel - 4.00pm)
1 September to 31 October from 8.00am – 5.00pm (Last arrival for guaranteed passage through the tunnel - 3.00pm)