Cargo carrying

Our canals were originally built to transport goods around the country and in some places our waterways are still being used for this purpose.

If you wish to carry goods on one of our Commercial waterways you will operate under our Freight Regulations and a member of our [Enterprise Team] will be able to help you.

If you wish to carry goods on one of our Cruising or Remainder waterways we will probably authorise your activity via a Roving Trader Licence.  (If the work is likely to be significant or over a long period we may elect to use the Freight Regulations instead.)

Please note that Cargo Carrying is where you are paid by a third party to transport goods that you do not own from one place to another.  Carrying goods that you own for sale (either wholesale or retail) is trading.

Last date edited: 28 March 2019