Find our latest strategy documents here, as well as our common sense guidelines to help you get the most out of your angling.
Please find our angling guidelines and a list of frequently asked questions via the links on the right.
Our waterway Fisheries and Angling Action Plans were developed during 2015 following a nationwide series of stakeholder meetings. These included numerous angling clubs, the Rivers Trust, the Angling Trust and the Environment Agency. The plans have identified the key fisheries and angling issues that need to be addressed, covering these under 10 themes:
1. Retaining existing angling customers and attracting new ones
2. Developing and improving access to the fishery
3. The opportunities to engage with local communities
4. Taking advantage of the opportunities for volunteering and adoptions
5. Improving communication between us and our customers
7. Fish passage and migration
8. Predation and non native species
9. Fish stocks and fisheries management
10. Fisheries and water quality and quantity
Read the Fisheries and Angling Plans for the following regions:
The Fisheries and Angling Action Plans for our other regions will be available here soon.
Last date edited: 2 March 2017