The Canal & River Trust provides a range of customer service facilities for passing boaters. Here is a list of the facilities we provide for boaters on the London Waterway.
Our customer service facilities include water taps, sanitation disposal (Elsan cassette toilet disposal as well as pump-out machines), domestic rubbish disposal/recycling, toilets and showers. The facilities available vary between different sites.
You should never be too far from customer service facilities, as they are also often available from marinas and boatyards, sometimes for a charge or on purchase of other goods.
If you find that one of our facilities is not working or you are having any problems, please email email@example.com or call 0303 040 4040.
You will need a boaters' key to access many of our sites and, for pump-out, you will need a pre-paid card. Here's how to purchase these.
The Grand Union Canal
(below Stockers Lock 82)
- Copper Mill Lock (Lock 84): water point, refuse site
- Cowley Lock (Lock 89): Elsan, water point (below Bridge 188) refuse site (above the bridge on the offside)
Bulls Bridge Visitor Mooring: two water points
- Norwood Top Lock (Lock 90): water point, Elsan on the offside next to the long-term moorings, refuse site at lock-side
Brentford Visitor Mooring: Elsan, pump-out, water point, refuse site, toilets and showers
- Slough Basin: water point
- Uxbridge Road Southall Visitor Mooring: water point
- Black Horse Visitor Mooring: water point, refuse site (in the pub car park)
- Little Venice Visitor Mooring: Elsan, pump-out, water point, refuse site west of Westbourne Terrace Road (Bridge 3C), and a second water point just under the bridge
- Atlip Road Alperton (offside service mooring at Bridge 11A Railway): pump-out, Elsan
- St. Pancras Cruising Club: Elsan, pump-out, refuse site (in the car park). The sanitation station may be out of service periodically during current site re-development works, so please check in advance
- City Road Lock (Lock 5) the service mooring above the Lock: water point, refuse site (at the top of the Danbury St. ramp)
- Talavera Moorings, offside above Acton's Lock (Lock 7): Elsan, pump-out (Elsan is only accessible by boat)
- At Victoria Park Visitor Mooring: Elsan, water point, refuse site and toilet
- Mile End, below Mile End Road (Bridge 55): water point (adjacent to the Mile End Climbing Wall)
Hertford Union Canal (Duckett's Cut)
- Wick Lane (Bridge 6): refuse facility on the access ramp
- Limehouse Basin: pump-out, Elsan and water point on the service pontoon, refuse site alongside the visitor mooring on the Limehouse Basin Wall, toilets are available in the service building during office hours (check with BWML Ltd. for current timings)
- Old Ford Lock (Lock 19): Elsan, two water points, toilet (currently open during office hours all week); refuse site (Dace Road) on the offside alongside the lock
- East Wick Service Mooring (below Bridge 14A Newham Way): pump-out, water point
- Offside at Daubeney Road (Pond Lane Bridge 16): refuse facility next to Clapton Park Children's Centre/Hackney Forest School
- Offside at Millfields Road (Waterworks Bridge 17): refuse facility alongside Hackney Council's Millfields Depot
Stonebridge Lock (Lock 16): Elsan, pump-out, water point, toilets, and a refuse site
- Pickett's Lock/'Alfie's Lock', (Lock 16): water point next to the Lock Cottage
- Ponders End Lock (Lock 14): water point below the Lock
- Hazlemere Marina, below Waltham Town Road Bridge (Bridge 42): temporary rubbish facility, pending re-instatement of full customer service facilties
- Carthagena Lock (Lock 7): water point
- Feildes Weir Visitor Mooring: Elsan, water point
- Stanstead Abbotts: water point above Stanstead Lock (Lock 4)
- Hertford: water point, Elsan and rubbish facility (above Mill Road Bridge 71)
- Burnt Mill Lock (Lock 10): water point, refuse site
- Harlow Mill Visitor Mooring: water point
- Moorhen Marina in Harlow: water point, Elsan, pump-out, refuse site, toilets and showers
- Bishop's Stortford: Elsan, pump-out, water point, and refuse site