Due to the freezing conditions, we have not been able to complete the grouting and concreting works at Lock 64 today, as expected. If weather conditions improve we will be able to re-open the navigation on Friday.
We will issue a further update if this situation changes.
There have been some unforeseen delays in completing the large amount of work required across the Johnson's Hillock Locks.
The team has been working additional hours and weekends but, unfortunately, will not be able to fully complete the repairs at Lock 64 by 26th February.
We are therefore extending the closure by two days and the navigation will re-open from 4pm on 28th February.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.