Our Education Volunteers lead inspiring visits to key waterside destinations across the UK.
We also offer in-school workshops and assemblies, all of which are free of charge, and learning at our museums and attractions for a fee. All activities are linked to the national curriculum and are highly regarded by teachers.
We work with home educator groups too!
24 of our sites have been awarded the Quality Badge by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom.
Click on the flags on the map to find out more about each site.
Pages in this section
- National Waterways Museum, Gloucester
- National Waterways Museum, Ellesmere Port
- The Canal Museum, Stoke Bruerne
- Anderton Boat Lift
- Standedge Tunnel
- Lune Aqueduct, Lancaster
- Bingley Five Rise Locks
- Liverpool & Sefton
- Naburn Lock - York
- Newark Town Lock
- Pocklington Canal - Melbourne
- Trent Lock - Sawley
- Etruria - Stoke-on-Trent
- Red Bull Wharf - Stoke-on-Trent
- Central Birmingham
- Fradley Junction
- Stourport Basins
- Foxton Locks
- Hatton Locks
- Caen Hill Locks, Devizes and Devizes Wharf
- East London
- Brecon Basin
- Goytre Wharf
- Newbury Wharf
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct & Trevor Basin
- West London
- Tees Barrage
- Marple, Stockport
- Victoria Quays - Sheffield
- Dobson Lock, Bradford
- Gloucester Docks and Saul Junction