Albert Dock & Waterfront Volunteer Team
Activities: Practical, Environment, Plastic & Litter Clearance, Heritage, Regularly
Starts: 4 October 2021
We would like volunteers to help out with the following tasks in and around Liverpool Waterfront:
- Maintain shrub beds and landscaped areas
- Weed removal from dock walls and overgrown areas
- Weed removal in summer from a boat on waterspace
- Assist current staff with cleansing duties
- Remove floating litter from docks and canal link (using a boat or canoes)
- Support team during tasks such as diving works and other repair work
- Carry out general maintenance on the dock estate, footpath repair, painting, weed removal
- Replace signage
- Pointing & tidying up brickwork throughout waterfront
- Painting – railings and any other ironworks around the waterfront
- Ad-hoc maintenance tasks as and when required
We are going to be running this session on Mondays from 10am.
What's in it for you?
Becoming part of a friendly and dedicated team, volunteering in a beautiful environment, meeting people and making new friends, improving communication skills and enjoying new experiences to name a few, along with a real personal satisfaction that you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to our visitors’ experience
What skills are we looking for?
The role will suit people who have a friendly enthusiastic manner and enjoy working outdoors. It involves working with different tools & equipment and may require you to take part in training assessments. This role can also sometimes be physically demanding, and you may be on your feet all day. You will be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process, and full training will be given. Out of pocket expenses can be claimed.