Activities: Customer service, Practical
Trent and Mersey canal
We will be cutting back the off side vegetation on the Trent and Mersey canal this winter between Rugeley and Great Haywwod in order to open up the navigation as well as improving the canal environment.
Can you use a bowsaw, a pair of loppers or do you have experience with working a woodchipper?
Whether you do or do not, we could do with your help and assistance with this task.
Appropriate training will be given, along with the provision of tools and the neccersary protective equipment.
This is a great way to meet other volunteers, learn new practical skills, as well as spending a few hours outdoors improving your local waterway environment.
- Opportunity to work directly with the Asset Delivery Volunteering team
- Working with a friendly team.
- Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- Shelter and refreshments provided (although you will have to provide your own lunch).
- You will be given a site induction and any relevant training required for the role.
Sound Health & Safety knowledge/understanding (complete Trust health and safety videos - these can be sent to you if required).
Good level of customer service/communication skills.