Activities: Education, Practical, Working with visitors
Starts: 12 February 2018 to 30 September 2018
Closing Date: 30 September 2018
Multiple locations along the Leeds & Liverpool Canal between Liverpool and Wigan, Lancashire
Join us as an Outreach Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers who would like to work with our outreach boat “George” engaging children, young people and community groups close to the Leeds & Liverpool Canal.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for volunteers who can support our learning programme with some or all of the following tasks:
- to work with other volunteers to deliver interactive educational activities for children, families and the general public
- to lead or assist with family activities at waterway events
- to work with other partners and colleagues to deliver joint events and activities
- to assist with movement of the boat and moorings
- to be ambassadors for National Waterways Museum and for our learning programmes
We are looking for volunteers to join a new team on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal. The boat will travel between Liverpool and Wigan, as well as visiting the Leigh branch.
Support and training
We give you full training and provide resources for delivering activities and speaking to the public through a number of training days and team meetings. You will have the support of an education coordinator as well as the other volunteers in your team. We reimburse you for all travel costs.
Skills and experience
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- a desire to gain practical work experience and to learn
- the confidence to engage with the public.
- the ability to enthuse visitors through activities and conversations.
- the ability to volunteer flexibly
- the ability to travel to various locations along the canal