Activities: Administration, Customer service, Recording and monitoring
Starts: 23rd March 2017 to 1st December 2017
Closing Date: 30 December 2017
Ellesmere Port, Shropshire Union Canal, the Wirral
With its dramatic location on the banks of the Mersey and the Manchester Ship Canal in Cheshire, extensive in-door displays, boat trips and historic buildings, the museum is a great place to volunteer, where time slows down and history comes to life.
Some of the archives remain uncatalogued so there is an excitement about sorting through documents and photographic collections that haven’t seen the light of day for many years. Putting the data into a form that can be accessed by modern media can help others to share that pleasure.
It’s important to us that you benefit from volunteering. It will give you the opportunity to do something new and different, but also;
• you raise your existing skill base and acquire new skills;
• volunteering helps you to keep active, fit and motivated;
• you can gain satisfaction from making a contribution to a national asset;
• you gain invaluable experience, great for your CV and employment prospects;
• you will receive out of pocket expenses; and
• you will get credit and thanks for your work.
We are looking for volunteers who:
• Can communication effectively.
• Follow instructions and then work independently.
• Work individually and as part of a team.
• Have some computer skills (required for some tasks).
• Have an attention to detail.
• Are versatile.