Activities: Education volunteers
Bingley Five Rise Locks
Join our fantastic team of education volunteers based at the stunning location of Bingley Five Rise Locks. You will be leading school groups, cub scout and brownie groups on canalside trails to inspire them about the heritage and wildlife of this location. This is a great opportunity for people who like working in the outdoors and who have previous experience of working with children.
Our volunteers get involved in a variety of activities so whether you are helping a Brownie group to achieve their water safety badges, demonstrating how a lock works to a group of primary school children or bringing to life the stories and history of Bingley Five Rise Locks for a family no Explorers volunteer day is the same!
The role requires you to commit to between 3 and 4 days per month both during school hours and some weekends.
We provide you with resources and full training on how to lead groups of children at this heritage location. You will have the support of an education officer as well as the other volunteers in your team. We reimburse you for all travel costs.
For roles working with children we are looking for volunteers who have
• Previous experience of working with young children
• The desire to work outdoors
• The confidence to talk to, and lead workshops with, groups of children
• The ability to enthuse young people through talks and activities
• The ability to volunteer flexibly
• The ability to drive to different locations
• The ability to work independently