Cycle Library, Volunteer Mechanic - Miles Platting
Activities: Practical, Regularly, Other specialist roles
Starts: 1 December 2021
The Trust is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support the launch of our Cycle Library in Miles Platting. The Cycle Library will give people in the community the opportunity to loan recycled bikes to encourage people to cycle more in their daily lives. The aim is that this project will launch in early 2022.
This role will involve
• Carrying out routine maintenance on bikes in the library
• Completing bike checks before and after bikes are sent out on loan.
• Assessing and refurbishing bikes which are donated to the project.
• Welcoming visitors to the Cycle Library in a friendly and professional manner.
• Promoting the library to the wider community including attending outreach events.
• Working with our local team to accept and collected donated bikes.
• Basic administration tasks to support the library, including registering new members and completing paperwork for loans.
• Acting as an ambassador for the Canal & River Trust in the local area.
What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to utilise your skills and experience to benefit those that don’t have regular access to a bike. You will be working as part of a team to offer this service to the local community enabling them to access a free and green method of transport on their doorstep.
What skills are we looking for?
Bike maintenance training will be provided as part of the role but ideally you will have a good working knowledge of bike maintenance/upkeep and an enthusiasm to share these skills.