Explorers Education Administration (Gloucester)
Activities: Leadership and management, Education, Administration and support, Regularly
Starts: 16 April 2021 to 31 March 2022
Gloucester Office, Gloucestershire
Volunteer Education Administration - Wales & South West
This important role is to support the Wales & south West Education Coordinator in arranging school bookings and other ad hoc admin tasks. You’ll be part of a friendly and busy team, providing a valuable resource to ensure the education programme runs smoothly and safely.
• Respond to school requests
• Arrange school bookings
• Coordinate volunteers to lead school visits
You may have the opportunity to extend this role by taking part in the below activities, if you choose to do so:
Site visits, meeting contacts, supporting activities on site during school visits.
Some of these additional activities may require a DBS check and training.
Ideally you’ll be able to give 2 days per week Monday - Friday or 6-8 hours per week, to gain the most from the task.
This role requires you to contact teachers, therefore, preferred hours are 8am – 4pm, or 2-3 half days.
Volunteering from home can be discussed.
What's in it for you?
• Be part of an inspirational team giving something back to local communities.
• Gain adaptable skills and experience for your CV.
• Travel expenses
What skills are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with good IT and communication skills, with an eye for detail but most importantly a willingness to learn and preferably someone who has experience of working in an educational setting.
• Administration and support
• Excellent Communication skills
• Ability to work alone
• Good coordination for booking dates and volunteers
• Experience of computerised systems (Excel, Word and willingness to learn new systems for recording data)
• Recording and monitoring
• Customer Service
Additional skills are useful:
• Experience of working with schools
• Working with volunteers