Pop Up Visitor Welcome Station Volunteer (VWV) (Wolverhampton Lock Flight)
Starts: 2 June 2021
Based at an external pop-up welcome station at Lock 15 on the Wolverhampton Lock Flight.
This role would suit someone looking to engage with a variety of people in a friendly atmosphere, learn more about our waterways and, or share their knowledge about the local area, canals and rivers.
This role is also perfect for someone looking to develop customer service skills and gain experience in a visitor-facing environment.
Being enthusiastic about the waterways and, or the local area is a plus, but it is not essential as full training will be provided.
What's in it for you?
• Opportunity to work in a unique location
• Meet new people and engage with a variety of visitors and colleagues.
• Full induction to The Trust and training
What skills are we looking for?
We will be delighted to hear from anyone with two or more of the below skills.
• The ability and willingness to proactively engage with visitors to welcome them to our waterways. This includes a warm, friendly welcome and an inviting manner; also, approaching visitors unprompted and ensuring they know we are there to help.
• Communicating effectively with visitors. This includes the ability to listen to visitors’ needs, providing relevant information and ensuring they know who we are and what they can do in the area.
• Being organised with attention to detail, keeping the welcome station clean and presentable.
• Interest in customer service and willingness to develop relevant skills to improve it (skills such as communication, approachability, patience and being a great listener)
• Basic admin skills (training will be provided, if needed).