Cycle Library Volunteer - Miles Platting
Activities: Practical, Outdoors, Administration, Customer Service, Regularly
Starts: 1 December 2021
The Trust is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support the launch of our Cycle Library in Miles Platting. The Cycle Library will give people in the community the opportunity to loan recycled bikes to encourage people to cycle more in their daily lives. The aim is that this project will launch in early 2022.
This role will involve
- Welcoming visitors to the Cycle Library in a friendly and professional manner.
- Promoting the library to the wider community including attending outreach events.
- Working with our local team to accept and collected donated bikes.
- Basic administration tasks to support the library; including registering new members and completing paperwork for loans.
- Completing basic maintenance on bikes before and after they go out for loans. Including a ‘Handover Check’ when users collect loans
- Acting as an ambassador for the Canal & River Trust & the Cycle Library in the local area.
What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to utilise your skills and experience to benefit those that don’t have regular access to a bike. You will be working as part of a team to offer this service to the local community enabling them to access a free and green method of transport on their doorstep.
What skills are we looking for?
This role will suit those that have a friendly and approachable manner and are confident working with people from different backgrounds. Ideally you will be organised and able to use initiative to solve problems.