Let's Walk - Bootle
Activities: Leadership and management, Practical, Environment, Outdoors, Education, Administration and support, Working with visitors, Regularly, Plastic and Litter Clearance
Sefton, Leeds & Liverpool Canal
Fancy leading walks along the Leeds & Liverpool Canal in Bootle? Walking is a great way to meet new people and improve your mental and physical health. We are looking for people who would feel confident leading groups of up to 5 people on a walk around the canal in Bootle. Sometimes a walk will also include a litter pick. You will receive full training and a uniform, so even if you have not led walks before, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
We are looking for friendly people who can commit to at least 2 walks per month.
Volunteers will receive an induction and on-going training as it’s required. The Trust will provide clothing and equipment and offers out of pocket expenses for travel.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to be outdoors
- Opportunity to meet new people & learn new skills
- This is the chance to have a positive impact on your local waterway, helping visitors and other local people to value and appreciate it.
- It is scientifically proven that being by water makes you happier and healthier, this role allows you to both increase your own wellbeing as well as encouraging others to improve theirs
What skills are we looking for?
- You will have a hands-on approach, a can-do attitude and work well with others
- You’ll be happy chatting with the general public
- You are happy to interact with and help others, have a friendly manner and the ability to make a good first impression.
- You’ll be happy working on your feet and spending time outdoors
-You'll be happy to promote the Trust's guidelines on Health & Safety when out on a walk