Activities: Education, Environment, Heritage, Leadership and management, Outdoors, Practical, Working with visitors
Liverpool South Docks, L3 4AA
We are looking for dynamic individuals who will lead walks and other engagement activities around the Liverpool Waterfront area and support at Trust events and partners’ events on or off the water
This is an ongoing opportunity and ideally would require 1 or 2 days per week depending on activity programme. Some weekend activities especially during the summer.
This opportunity is flexible so will suit someone with a few hours to spare each week, although you can dedicate more time if you choose to. If you have an interest in local waterways, all the better.
Volunteers will receive an induction and on-going training as it’s required. The Trust will provide clothing and equipment and offers reasonable out of pocket expenses.
- Opportunity to be outdoors
- Opportunity to meet new people & learn new skills
- This is the chance to have a positive impact on your local waterway, helping visitors and other local people to value and appreciate it.
- It is scientifically proven that being by water makes you happier and healthier, this role allows you to both increase your own wellbeing as well as encouraging others to improve theirs.
- You will have a hands-on approach, a can-do attitude and work well with others
- You’ll be happy chatting with the general public
- Interested in the heritage and passionate about making the Liverpool waterfront a place that everyone can enjoy
- You are happy to interact with and help others, have a friendly manner and the ability to make a good first impression.
- You’ll be happy working on your feet and spending time outdoors