Activities: Education, Education volunteers
Oxford, Oxford Canal, Oxfordshire, OX1 2EP
On hold due to coronavirus situation.
If you enjoy working with children and want to inspire them to learn about our local heritage, wildlife and landscape, join our new team of Explorer Education Volunteers based in Oxford!
We are building a new team of volunteers to develop our curriculum enrichment program in and around Oxford - this will include hands-on workshops and assemblies in schools, as well as developing guided walks and site visits to the Oxford Canal. As a new team, volunteers can help to shape the direction of this local scheme, building relaionships with local schools and developing our resources.
Please note, due to corona virus our recruitment is on hold, but please feel free to register your interest and we will get in contact when restrcitions are lifted. Thank you.
You will need to be able to volunteer flexibly to respond to group requests, committing to at least 3 or 4 days a month (usually between 9am – 3.30pm with at least two weeks' notice).
The opportunity to learn more about waterway heritage and wildlife; use your skills and learn new ones; be in an attractive environment; meet new people and of course, inspire children!
We give you full training and provide resources for leading groups of children, with a number of training days and team meetings. You will have the support of an Learning & Skills Co-ordinator as well as the other volunteers in your team. We reimburse you for all travel costs.
• Previous experience of hands-on learning with children, or a strong desire to gain experience in this area.
• The ability to enthuse young people through talks and activities.
• The ability to volunteer flexibly, particularly during school term times, and to work within a team.
• Happy and able to work outdoors in a towpath setting.
• This role involves regulated activity with children and adults at risk, as defined by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Therefore, an Enhanced Criminal Record check will be undertaken and references will be sought. A criminal record is not necessarily a bar to volunteering with us.