Activities: Boating, Environment, Outdoors, Practical, Regularly
Starts: 1 October 2018 to 10 December 2018
Closing Date: 31 March 2019
Retford, Chesterfield Canal, Nottinghamshire
Due to the success of The Chesterfield Canal Trust cutting back of offside vegetation last year we are looking to expand our operations by working in partnership to open up the navigation and improve the local canal network.
This will involve using bowsaws loppers secateurs, and various other tools associated with the cutting of vegetation.
We also have the use of a woodchipper to dispose of all the arisings as we work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get to support a charitable trust and get involved with local volunteers.
Everyone is welcome to come along.
All Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied along with all tools and equipment and support, and we will be using the Python boat for welfare. All that we ask is you bring your own lunch
- Opportunity to work directly with the Asset Delivery Volunteering team and Chesterfield Canal Trust
- Working with a friendly team.
- Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- Shelter and refreshments provided (although you will have to provide your own lunch).
- You will be given a site induction and any relevant training required for the role.
- Sound Health & Safety knowledge/understanding (complete Trust health and safety videos - these can be sent to you if required).
- Good level of customer service/communication skills.