Activities: Administration and support, Office-based, Regularly
Starts: 1 August 2018
London Docklands Office, near Canary Wharf
We're looking for a customer service and administration volunteer at our busy Docklands office, to help things run smoothly by supporting the volunteering, operation and enquires teams.
It will be an interesting and varied role including:
- helping to raise orders to keep our volunteer team stocked equipment and uniform
- creating 'stoppage' posters to be put up around the network
- performing stock checks on volunteer equipment and helping to prepare this equipment for events
- supporting the engagement and volunteering team with various projects and festival preparation
- assisting the enquiries team with customer enquiries and the recording issues
It is a perfect opportunity for those who want to develop their computer skills or for someone wanting to gain experience in an administrative role.
We are looking for a commitment of one day per week (Mon-Fri) on a regular, ongoing basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain reception and customer service experience and develop useful administrative skills. It is also a chance for you to be involved in the exciting work that the Canal and River Trust do on a day to day basis behind the scenes to keep London's waterways moving! You will get to work with a friendly and diverse group of people from our operational, boating, volunteering and enquiries teams.
We offer ongoing support and training and cover reasonable travel expenses.
No previous experience is necessary but basic IT skills are essential. It is important that you have good communication skills, an eye for detail and can work as part of a team. All other database training will be provided.