Activities: Administration and support, Marketing and promotion, Working with visitors
Closing Date: 1 August 2018
Ellesmere Port, Shropshire Union Canal, Cheshire
This volunteering opportunity will provide people with the opportunity to receive informal training, develop a range of skills, professional experience, industry knowledge, improve career prospects, build confidence and make friends.
This role includes the below ongoing tasks;
• Assist with organising events, festivals and activities
• Attend meetings
• Liaise with artists, performers and creative practitioners online and in person
• Assist with the running of events on the ground e.g. stage management, visitor host
• Assist with running the events on the day e.g. stage management
• Upload events to the website
• Administrate events
• Assist with setting up and running creative activities and workshops for children, teenagers and/or adults.
• Assist with organising focus groups
As a volunteer with the Canal & River Trust you will be making a massive contribution to the organisation, often carrying out activities we would otherwise not be able to do. You will be working alongside other volunteers and Trust employees, and not displacing or taking away work from employees, a commitment highlighted in our Use of Volunteers Agreement.
It’s important to us that you benefit from volunteering. This chance will give you the opportunity to do something new and different;
You will receive out of pocket expenses and you will get credit and thanks for your work.
• Basic Microsoft Word
• Basic Outlook
• Basic Excel