Activities: Outdoors, Practical
Starts: 1 May 2018 to 30 May 2018
Closing Date: 31 July 2018
Huddersfield Broad Canal, Huddersfield
This is a great opportunity to support the Trusts Asset Delivery Volunteering Team Improving a section of worn out towpath on the Huddersfield Canal. The works location is located along kilometre 1 of the Huddersfield Broad Canal, just off Turnbridge Road
The section requires the top surface excavating to remove the uneven material. The top surface should then be replaced, bringing it to the level of the existing towpath. The path should be top dressed with a layer of 10mm to dust in a suitable colour to match the existing. This should ensure that the trip hazard is removed, All tools and equipment will be supplied along with support.
Everyone is welcome to Come along and be part of a friendly team and get involved.
- Opportunity to work directly with the Asset Delivery Volunteering team
- Working with a friendly team.
- Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- Shelter and refreshments provided (although you will have to provide your own lunch).
- You will be given a site induction and any relevant training required for the role.
- Sound Health & Safety knowledge/understanding (complete Trust health and safety videos - these can be sent to you if required).
- Good level of customer service/communication skills.