Activities: Outdoors, Practical
Closing Date: 31 July 2018
Calder & Hebble, Brighouse, West Yorkshire
This is a great opportunity to support the Trusts Asset Delivery Volunteering Team Improving The Canal bank on the Calder & Hebble at Brighouse. The work involves repairing a section of missing washwall resulting in a washout hole in the bank. The area of missing washwall is approximately 2 x 0.7 x 0.6 m and is on the towpath side. Also Length Inspectors have reported 5No. erosion pockets along this km length which have caused the canal bank to fail. The repairs will involve using concrete bags to rebuild the wall and then backfilled with clay and topsoil. All tools and equipment will be supplied along with support.
Everyone is welcome to get involved and be part of a friendly team to improve this section of the Canal.
- Opportunity to work directly with the Asset Delivery Volunteering team
- Working with a friendly team.
- Personal Protective Equipment provided.
- Shelter and refreshments provided (although you will have to provide your own lunch).
- You will be given a site induction and any relevant training required for the role.
Sound Health & Safety knowledge/understanding (complete Trust health and safety videos - these can be sent to you if required).
- Good level of customer service/communication skills.