Activities: Administration and support, Home-based, Leadership and management, Marketing and promotion, Regularly
Starts: 13th November 2017 to 31st March 2018
Closing Date: 22 December 2017
We're looking for someone to be a champion for the Trust's Lead Volunteer programme, and specifically to:
• Assist the national volunteering team in developing an effective programme
• Review & develop our current offer on the website & externally
• Liaise with local volunteering-focused staff and volunteers to gather best practice & ensure buy-in
• Gather & share data on local opportunities
• Assist with delivery of promotional events across the country
• Support & evaluate pilot programmes
A chance to play a central role in developing Lead Volunteers in the Trust, sharing your experience and inspiring the next generation of volunteers. You'll receive the same dedicated training and networking as our Lead Volunteers, and work closely with volunteering champions from across the Trust and beyond.
We're looking for someone with excellent people skills; strong communication skills; an enthusiasm for canals, volunteering and the Trust's values; a willingness to champion new ideas and engage with the public in a range of settings; and experience of volunteering & volunteer management. Ideally you will be an existing volunteer with us, and familiar with our values & processes.